Forward Wayne County (FWC) is an initiative to better align resources in order to foster a vibrant economy and promote prosperity throughout Wayne County, Indiana. It recognizes the twin pillars of Human Capital Development and Quality of Place in attracting, developing, and retaining a highly competitive workforce. In order to provide executive leadership for this effort, FWC seeks to appoint a Program Director.
The Program Director will:
- Lead FWC efforts to communicate the FWC vision and progress to and beyond the county community. The primary documents that anchor this communication are the FWC Goals and Objectives and the FWC Action Plan.
- Encourage and coordinate the efforts of local funding sources that address Wayne County’s needs, helping them gain the advantages of potential collective impact, especially in areas identified by FWC as special priority areas for our attention.
- Encourage, coordinate and help the providers of the services that can address the county’s needs, especially in the FWC priority areas.
- Seek additional support through non-local grants and gifts, especially for the areas identified as special priorities.
- Maintain and share a record of progress in the measures identified by FWC as benchmarks.
- Recommend changes in FWC goals, objectives, and action plans, on the basis of experience, paying attention to our progress or lack of progress relative to our benchmarks.
- Work closely with the FWC Steering Committee and its Executive Subcommittee, and report quarterly to the FWC Leadership Forum.
- Report to the Executive Director of the Wayne County Foundation in matters of employment.
The strongest candidate for the positon will have knowledge of the opportunities and challenges facing Wayne County and have demonstrated experience …
- Working with and inspiring community leaders and philanthropists
- Encouraging and working with social service and government program providers
- Articulating a vision to individuals, groups, and communities-at-large
- Coordinating with diverse groups about establishing and tracking objective measures of success
The person who is selected to fill this position should be willing to reside in Wayne County, Indiana.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing their strengths relative to the above criteria, a résumé, and salary expectations to email@example.com with the phrase ‘FWC Program Director’ in the subject line.
A review of applications will begin on May 11, and will continue until the position is filled.